Welcome to the Half-Square Triangle Block of the Month! For each month in 2012, I'll present a quick tutorial for a traditional quilt block using half-square triangles (HST)! It's going to be a lot of fun, feel free to join in at any time! For past posts see here.
Happy November! Today I'm sharing with you the eleventh block of our block of the month series! One more block after this! Next month I'll share our final block as well as finishing instructions! But for now, let's get stitching!
- (8) 4" squares from background fabric (white)
- (4) 4" squares from print fabric (green)
- (2) 4" squares from second print fabric (turquoise)
- (2) 4" squares from third print fabric (navy)
- (4) 6" squares from background fabric (white)
- (2) 6" squares from print fabric (green)
- (1) 6" squares from second print fabric (turquoise)
- (1) 6" squares from third print fabric (navy)
traditional method, or the alternative method. Press seams open.
2. Trim your HSTs to 3.5" square.
4. Sew your HSTs into four rows. Press seams in alternating directions.
Voila! You're done! :)
If you create a block using this tutorial I hope you'll add it to the flickr group!