March 2016 Report
Friday, April 1, 2016
I can't believe March is already over! As usual, we had crazy weather from 70s to snow. Typical March. I'm definitely looking forward to warmer weather and things are just starting to turn green, which is always exciting. I tend to get a bit blue at the end of winter, everything just looks so gross and dead. I love the transitional seasons, so seeing things start to spring up is promising!
This month, I tried to blog off a schedule, something I'd like to do more of. For most of the month it worked great! But, at the end of the month I got off track. It's hard to keep to a schedule if you don't finish the things you schedule to blog about! Hopefully I can get back on track for April.
I didn't do a ton of sewing this month, between working on pattern stuff and trying to take it a bit easier. I did get my Glamp Stitchalot Quilt finished, which was a big win! I also cut out a lot of projects. Five garments, a quilt and a Maker's Tote. Looking forward to stitching those up!
There wasn't much knitting going on either. Started the second Fiddlehead mitten, but haven't gotten too far. I did start a new hat, a Citadel. Hats are one of my favorite things to knit. Jacey and I did a bunch of scheming this week and helped me pick yarns for two new projects that I am happy about.
To keep myself accountable I'm tracking my yardage for both yarn and fabric. Here is how I did in March:
Used up: 24.5 yards
Brought in: 55 yards
Net: +30.5 yards
Year to date: +44.75 yards
Used up: 652 yards
Brought in: 0 yards
Net: -652 yards
Year to date: -739 yards
So, there is some explanation on the fabric this month. First, I was sent 17 yards of the new Denims from Art Gallery Fabrics. I also went on a weekend trip with friends up to S.R. Harris in Brooklyn Park, MN (a massive fabric warehouse!) at the beginning of the month. Plus, I received quite a bit of fabric as gifts this month, only 21 of those 55 yards were purchased. Obviously I need to make up for this huge intake in the next few months! On the yarn side, I didn't finish any projects but I did send a bunch of worsted/dk scraps to Amanda for her scrappy crocheted blanket project! Also, I should note, I'm not counting any fabric as used up until I've finished the project completely.
For my other goals, I didn't make too much of a dent this month. I did finish my double wedding ring monthly goal, so that's something! I cut two garments I've never made before: a Josephine Blouse and an Archer Popover. I'm looking forward to working on those. I didn't end up making a list or evaluating my works in progress. I did work on putting together a quilt top for the traveling bee I'm in, Fantastic Quilt Voyage. I even pieced a backing! I also sewed up an all double gauze Nani Iro quilt top that I'm really excited about!
I completed another month of Project 365: a photo a day using my DSLR camera.
George bunny! He is recovering from his Easter duties! :)