February 2017 Report
Thursday, March 9, 2017
March is here already! Time for another monthly report. See past reports here.
I felt a lot more productive sewing-wise this month. I finished up a quilt for a friend, and my indigo patchwork quilt came back from being quilted and was finished. I also started and finished several small projects, including a big pillow (top shown above) for my sewing room, some petal pouches (shown below), a lined drawstring bag and some pincushions. I also finally finished three softies that I cut out months ago.
I stitched up two large petal pouches (pattern by Anna Graham), this past month. The top one, made from an Umbrella Print was made for my friend Deedrie. I made the bottom one from a favorite Japanese print for myself. I think they turned out cute.
I've actually made a ton of progress on my Drachenfels shawl, but am not letting myself take any more photos of it until it's done! Hopefully this week or next. I still need to share my Baa-ble Mittens that I finished around New Years.
To keep myself accountable for my stash goals, I'm tracking my yardage for fabric and yarn each month. Read more about how I track my here. Here is how I did in February:
Used up: 19.25 yards
Brought in: 4.25 yards
Net: -15 yards
Year to date: -16.5 yards
Used up: 0 yards
Brought in: 420 yards
Net: 420 yards
Year to date: -47.5 yards
I did not buy any fabric until the very end of the month which was kind of fun. I snatched up the goodies above from Olive Juice Quilts here in Wisconsin. Always nice to shop for fabric in person. Not sure what I'll do with those strawberries yet, but they were too cute to leave behind. I bought a skein of Moonrover sock this month, because it was just too good. Otherwise, no knitting finishes.
One of the cute softies I finally finished last month. I used the Melly and Me Baby Bunnies Pattern. I'll share the other two soon. I was able to cross four projects off my works in progress (WIP) list, which makes me really happy. As I discussed in last month's report, I was considering removing groups of leftover blocks and half-square triangle units from my WIP tally. I ended up doing that, and my WIP total is now 28. Much more respectable than 44, but still pretty big! My goal this month is to continue to finish up some of those lingering projects.
I was happy to release the Heart Crossed Throw Quilt Tutorial last month, and I hope you'll check it out if you missed it!
George bunny, working from the inside out!
Have a great month!