Nordika for my Quilt Market booth. I decided to break the projects up by type, otherwise this would be a very long post! So, how about the quilts first?
As I mentioned on Monday, this Floral version of my Color Hex Quilt Pattern is the first thing I made with Nordika. I knew I wanted a couple of very bold statement quilts to be the building point for the projects. The nice thing about this pattern is it takes very little fabric but still packs a punch. It's pieced with half-hexagons, so no y-seams, yay!
Color Hex quilt I did concentric circle quilting, which I really liked. This time I did a giant spiral, which was much easier, once it got started! I used a lovely dark grey Aurifil 50wt thread, #2605!
Pure Elements (I'll do a big coordinating solids/blenders post soon!), using those for the upright triangles and the prints for the downward triangles. It turned out really fun, and so colorful!
Quilting Modern by Jacquie Gehring and Katie Pedersen. It was such a pleasure to meet them both at Market!
I created the cross blocks and then squared them all up to 5". Then rather than lay the quilt out and figure out how to piece the negative space, I simply cut up a ton of 5" squares from the white and randomly pieced each row. Then laid the rows out and figured out a suitable layout.
I backed it in the only black vintage sheet I've ever found!
this tutorial that walks you through programing it in as a custom stitch on the Janome Horizon and it worked great! I'll be using it a lot I think!
Arithmetic Quilt Pattern! I made the throw size using 4.5" squares. It was fun to see how well this came together, despite how busy it ends up being! It's such a stark contrast to the wonky cross quilt!
Side Braid Quilt Pattern. The top stitched up super quick, and I was so pleased!
The problems started from there. I did not use enough pins while I was basting, and I knew I wasn't doing a good enough job but being pressed on time, did it anyways. I paid for it when it came time to quilt, I had a giant line of puckers all down the back. I ended up unpicking quilting for about 5 hours, and re-basting then re-quilting about half the quilt.
Phew! That's all the quilts! Tomorrow I'll share the pillows and other home-decor items!
Have a great day!