Simple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Simple Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of pumpkin seeds*
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (use less if using salted butter)
*Approx the amount in a medium/large carving pumpkin.
If you have more or less than 1 1/2 cups of seeds, just add or subtract a bit of butter/salt to compensate. Believe me, it's hard to go wrong!
2. Put your seeds in a strainer and rinse well to get rid of any stray bits.
3. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lay seeds out to dry on a towel for 30 minutes, pat dry with a paper towel, or dry out in the oven for a few minutes. You want to make sure they're completely dry before roasting so they get nice and crispy!
5. Roast seeds for 45 minutes, mixing the seeds every 15 minutes. They'll turn nice and golden brown when done! Store in an airtight container once cool.
- Seasoned Pumpkin Seeds: 1/2 T of seasoned salt.
- Rosemary Garlic Pumpkin Seeds: 1 T dried rosemary + 1/4 t garlic + 1 t kosher salt
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Seeds: 2 T granulated sugar + 1 t cinnamon + a pinch of salt.