November 2016 Report
Thursday, December 1, 2016
Happy Thursday! It's time for my November Monthly Report. See past reports here.
It's hard to believe that this year is almost over already. I'm definitely looking forward to reflecting back, making goals, and starting the new year.
I've been steadily working on my holiday gift making (and shopping), so I can't elaborate too much on what I've been working on this month. That will have to wait until after Christmas. It's been enjoyable work though, and I should be done with plenty of time to spare (famous last words). To be honest, it's extra motivating knowing that I'm working down my stash at the same time. Makes it more fun.
I also made a few holiday decorations, which I'll be sharing soon!
The cool weather has really made me want to knit, I've been knitting a lot lately. I'm hoping to finish a few projects before the end of the year so that I can start a few new things. Michael also wants a new pair of mittens.
My Drachenfels shawl progress, see more details on Ravelry.
As I've mentioned, to keep myself accountable I'm tracking my yardage for both yarn and fabric. Here is how I did in November:
Used up: 21.75 yards
Brought in: 20.75 yards
Net: -1 yards
Year to date: -246.375 yards
Used up: 757 yards
Brought in: 200 yards
Net: -557 yards
Year to date: +1902 yards
I definitely brought in more fabric than I planned to this month. There were too many sales, and I caved. Plus I knew when I first saw it ages ago, that I was going to have to buy some of Sarah Watson's new collection, Bird's Eye View. I felt fine about that because I had been thinking about it for months on end, it wasn't a whim. Totally worth it. Thankfully, I finished a quilt this month and a number of other small projects to keep me (just barely) in the negative.
This month I finally made a list of my works in progress. The grand total is 45! It seems crazy huge, but it's really not as bad as it sounds. That number includes a lot of things that might not necessarily become it's own project. It includes groups of blocks or units (think a bazillion HSTs) that are either leftovers from another project or were blocks from teaching samples or practice blocks. Some of these may end up getting combined into one project, I'm not sure yet. I mean it's still a big number, but I think that gives it a little perspective. Needless to say, one of my goals for 2017 is to bring that number down.
Sweet George bunny, looking all cute.
Have a great month!