Thursday, September 30, 2010
2 c. flour
3 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
1/4 t. garlic powder
1/4 c. oil
2/3 c. lowfat buttermilk
1 T. dijon mustard
*Makes about 12 biscuits!
1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
3. Combine milk, oil and mustard.
4. Mix together dry and wet mixtures until well combined.
5. Turn dough out on a lightly floured surface. Knead 5 or 6 times.
6. Roll dough to about 1.5" thickness and cut with a biscuit cutter (or in my case an empty clean soup can!)
7. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until lightly browned.
*Biscuits actually puff up more than my photo, I rolled mine too thin! They still tasted good though!
*These freeze well!
*Ridiculously good with stew! :)