Welcome to the Half-Square Triangle Block of the Month! For each month in 2012, I'll present a quick tutorial for a traditional quilt block using half-square triangles (HST)! It's going to be a lot of fun, feel free to join in at any time! For past posts see here.
Happy March! Today I'm sharing with you the third block of our block of the month series! This block is just plain fun! Let's dive right in!
For my block I used prints from Weekends by Erin McMorris, Hello Pilgrim by Lizzy House, and Modern Meadow by Joel Dewberry.
- (8) 4" squares from background fabric (white)
- (4) 4" squares from print fabric (green)
- (2) 4" squares from second print fabric (turquoise)
- (2) 4" squares from third print fabric (navy)
- (4) 6" squares from background fabric (white)
- (2) 6" squares from print fabric (green)
- (1) 6" squares from second print fabric (turquoise)
- (1) 6" squares from third print fabric (navy)
traditional method, or the alternative method. Press seams open.
2. Trim your HSTs to 3.5" square.
4. Sew your HSTs into four rows. Press seams in alternating directions as shown above.
Voila! You're done! :)
If you create a block using this tutorial I hope you'll add it to the flickr group!